Incident Kits - Employee Behavioral Health and Wellbeing
The long hours, months of endurance, and ongoing needs for engagement in fire and emergency response, when left unmitigated, pose risks to the wellbeing of all our employees who are making contributions across our agency.
As part of a larger effort in support of our leaders, Agency Administrators (AA), and Incident Management Teams (IMT) and to facilitate conversations with our employees who are engaged in emergency response, you are being invited to use these employee health and wellbeing information kits.
These kits have been developed as a resource in support of personnel to facilitate thoughtful consideration of and conversations about mental health and wellbeing, lending to healthy work environments. Our values drive us to begin to engage in new ways.
AA’s and IMT’s can work together to utilize these kits on incidents. There are short specific guides for AAs, ICs, and HRSPs. The kits contain ready-made posters, IAP inserts, and morning briefing examples for easy deployment. You can pick and choose what is right for your incident using all, or just some of the available tools. A zip file is provided at the bottom for easy sharing as well. If you click on the link, then click the “Download” link at the top of the page, the file will download as an emailable ZIP file for sharing with those outside of the FS network.
We can begin to change our posture on behavioral health and wellbeing of our responders, including all employees contributing to the fire response efforts through the use of these kits.
Thank you for your commitment to support our employees in this way.
For questions, to provide feedback, share topic ideas, or to get coaching on how to use these kits, please contact K.C. Briggs (WEPO, Behavioral Health and Employee Wellbeing Program Manager) 541-954-6520 firstname.lastname@example.org
USDA Forest Service kits
These kits contain some USDA logos/branding and may reference some resources only available to Forest Service personnel. Their content however is largely appropriate for an interagency setting. Efforts are underway to produce versions of these resources that are agency-agnostic.
Start Here - Guides
- Start Here - Incident Kit Introduction
- Roadmap Poster
- Incident Kit Guide for Agency Administrators
- Incident Kit Guide for HR Specialists
- Incident Kit Guide for ICs
CAP and CISM
- EAP Leaders Invite
- EAP kit for IAP
- EAP Poster 1
- EAP Poster 2
- EAP Overview for USFS (English)
- EAP Overview for USFS (Spanish)
- Mindfulness Leaders Invite
- Mindful Moment for IAP
- Mindful Moment Poster
- Welcoming Difficult Feelings
- Need to Recharge?
- The Body Scan
- Your Attention is Trainable
Stress First Aid
- Stress First Aid Leaders Invite
- SFA Incident Kit #1 for IAP
- SFA Incident Kit #2 for IAP
- SFA Poster #1
- SFA Poster #2
This is Who We Are
These kits were developed by the USDA Forest Service for use by interagency partners
Start Here - Guides
- Start Here - Incident Kit Introduction (PDF)(docx)
- Incident Kit Guide for Agency Administrators (PDF)(docx)
- Incident Kit Guide for ICs (PDF)(docx)
- Incident Kit Guide for HR Specialists (PDF)(docx)
- EAP Overview for Department of Interior (PDF)
- Fatigue Recovery Leaders Invite (PDF)(docx)
- Fatigue Recovery for IAP (PDF)(docx)
- Fatigue Recovery Poster (PDF)(docx)
- Mindfulness Leaders Invite (PDF)(docx)
- Mindful Moment for IAP (PDF)(docx)
- Mindful Moment Poster (PDF)(docx)
- Welcoming Difficult Feelings (PDF)(docx)
- Need to Recharge? (PDF)(docx)
- The Body Scan (PDF)(docx)
- Your Attention is Trainable (PDF)(docx)
Stress First Aid
- Stress First Aid Leaders Invite (PDF)(docx)
- SFA Incident Kit #1 for IAP (PDF)(docx)
- SFA Incident Kit #2 for IAP (PDF)(docx)
- SFA Poster #1 (PDF)(docx)
- SFA Poster #2 (PDF)(pptx)